1. This MLA blog is designed to enable an expression of views about the red meat and livestock industry.
Acceptance of these terms
Moderation of the blog
3. We want the Blog to be welcoming, inclusive and relevant. We want this Blog to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion.
4. All comments submitted on the MLA blog are reviewed by a moderator prior to being posted on the blog. We may reject, post and take-down content from the blog, as we consider appropriate.
5. We will moderate between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm during business days in Sydney. We aim to review postings submitted on a weekend or non-business-day, on the next business day.
6. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of the Blog. Comments, references (including reference to particular people), opinions, claims, advice or other content are, unless otherwise stated, those of individual bloggers, not us.
Registering to comment on this blog
7. You must register to use the Blog. You must provide us with true, correct and up-to-date information (including your email address) when you register. We will not publish your email address.
8. Be yourself: do not attempt to impersonate any other person or disguise the source of the information you submit.
9. Be courteous: we welcome debate, but not personal attacks. Do not threaten, abuse, defame, ridicule, disparage, intimidate or mislead. Do not make any offensive or inappropriate comments that are connected to race, religion, social class, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or otherwise.
10. Be constructive: do not post repetitive content, including cross-posting, and do not engage in trolling, flaming, flooding or spamming. Do not post content that is not related to the subject of the blog (advertising, promotional and other similar commercial content is not welcome) or is overly generalised. Do not post content that is excessively long or that contains any kind of harmful code.
11. Be respectful of privacy: make sure you have another person's consent before you post content about them (in the case of minors, you'll need the consent of their parent or guardian). Avoid providing or soliciting personal information that could be used to identify, track, contact or impersonate you or another person.
12. Only post what is yours: post your own content and, if you want to post another person's content, get their prior consent to you positing it, including a right for you to license us to use that content as set out in these terms.
13. The following content is inappropriate and unwelcome:
13.1 content that breaches the guidelines in paragraphs 7 - 11;
13.2 unlawful content or any content that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered unlawful or would otherwise violate the law or another person's rights;
13.3 content that is otherwise obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane; or
13.4 content that is otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
14. We may not post such content and we may remove any content that we determine to be inappropriate. We will not post queries or comments about our determinations or our moderation. Posts such as "why was my post not posted" will not be accepted or responded to.
15. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting inappropriate content.
Undertakings that you must give us about content that you provide
16. You warrant that all content that you provide to us in connection with the Blog is not inappropriate content for the purposes of paragraphs 12.1 - 12.3 and that it is true and correct. You also warrant that we will be entitled to use that content for the purposes of the Blog, that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in or from that content and that the content is lawful, does not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any other person and does not constitute a misuse of any person's confidential information.
17. You grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, sub-licensable worldwide licence to use content provided by you for any purpose (this includes a right to remove, modify, edit, crop, highlight and republish the content). You consent to all acts and omissions by us or any of our related entities or licensees that would otherwise infringe your moral rights and you agree not to assert any such moral or other rights and, if you are not the author of the content, you warrant that you have obtained the author's consent to all such acts and omissions.
18. We may immediately terminate your registration if we determine that:
18.2 your use of or access to the Blog breaches any applicable law.
19. We may suspend or terminate your account or refuse to provide you with an account at our discretion. On termination of your account, we may permanently delete any content that we have received from you.
Ownership of account and security
20. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password and all use or activity that occurs on your account. You must promptly notify us if there is any (or any suspected) unauthorised usage of your username or password.
21. You must only access the Blog through the interface provided by us and, except to the extent permitted by law, you must not access or attempt to otherwise access areas of our computer system or information contained on the system for any purpose. You must not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Blog.
22. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic or manual process or device to "screen scrape", monitor "mine", datamine, conduct automated searches or copy web pages or content on or from the Blog without our prior express permission.
Your acknowledgements and our respective liability
23. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all terms and consumer guarantees implied by custom, law or statute in relation to the Blog. Our liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise is limited to:
23.1 in the case of services, resupplying or paying the cost of resupplying the service; or
23.2 in the case of goods, replacing, supplying equivalent, repairing or paying the cost of replacing, supplying equivalent, repairing goods.
24. We will not be liable for any loss of profit or for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or economic loss or damage.
25. Nothing in these terms excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy under a mandatory law.
26. In these terms, 'MLA', 'we', 'us' and 'our' means Meat & Livestock Australia Limited ABN 39 081 678 364 and 'Blog' means this blog. 'You' and 'your' means the account registrant.
27. You must not resell, rent or commercially exploit the Blog or its contents without our prior written consent.
28. We may vary, enhance, replace or cease providing the Blog at any time.
30. These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.