MLA has identified 11 environment research priority issues on-farm. These relate to natural resource management and are being addressed through a variety of research and development projects.
They provide the basis for strategic planning for research, development and extension for the red meat industry as set out in a five-year program.
Environment research priorities
- Soil erosion
- Water quality and nutrient management
- Water use and water use efficiency
- Dryland salinity
- Biodiversity/remnant vegetation
- Greenhouse gases and energy use
- Soil acidification
- Climate change and variability
- Feral animals
- Solid waste and odour
Environment research and development