Location: Hughenden, QLD View Map
Date of this event: 07 March 2013
All owners of highly profitable beef businesses have one thing in common. They have made the effort to acquire the business skills needed to create wealth. Those skills are different to those needed to manage the herd and they are not hard for you to learn.
BusinessEDGE is a two-day financial and business management training workshop for northern beef producers. The aim is to enhance producer knowledge and skills in basic financial and business management to improve beef business efficiency and profitability. Improving financial and business performance is particularly important given the continued climate of declining terms of trade, increasing land prices, tightening credit and rapid national and global economic and policy influences affecting beef enterprises.
In this workshop specifically designed for beef businesses, you will learn how to :-
- Determine if your business is economically sustainable in the long term or not, and what to do about it.
- Determine if all the family needs and aspirations can be funded by the business.
- Determine if your debt is creating or destroying wealth and how much of it your business can afford.
- Provision for succession and retirement so that each event is fully funded.
- Allocate rationally for capital expenditure projects so that assets increase in value over time and cash flows improve.
- Determine if your herd is performing as it should and what to do about it if it is not.
- Manage your risk margin with the bank.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Producers who want to make their businesses financially resilient.
- Producers who feel their business skills could do with some fine-tuning.
- Young producers who want to set out on the right business path.
- Producers who want to reduce business risk, make better business decisions and grow wealth.
Here are some quotes from northern beef producers who have attended workshops:
- “We have been looking at our business thru a dirty windscreen for a long time, you guys in two days have cleaned that windscreen for us “
- “I would recommend it to anyone that is serious about improving their business’s performance or confidence on making the ‘big’ or ‘better’ business decisions”
- “Most relevant workshop I’ve ever been to”
- “This course should be compulsory for anyone in business or even considering it”
- “Very worthwhile investment of time and money”
Diggers Entertainment Centre, Brodie Street, Hughenden
Thursday and Friday - 7 to 8 March 2013
8.30am to 5.00pm each day
$1200 for first attendee from business, $1100 each for two from business, $1000 each for three or more from business (GST exc) (Fully tax deductible).
- Decision support spread sheet tools provided to all attendees.
- Printed course notes and reference materials provided.
- Follow up workshops available for all attendees.
- FULLY GUARANTEED - Unless you are completely satisfied that this workshop has helped you to understand and run your business more profitably, your course fees will be refunded in full, no questions asked.
More information or to register:
T: (07) 5482 4368
M: 0409 564 729
View BusinessEdge Hughenden Event flyer
View larger map