How to promote your industry
The most powerful advocates for the livestock industry are livestock producers. You are highly trusted by the urban population, but with a growing disconnect between the people producing food and those consuming it there is growing misinformation in the market place.
You often won't know where to start to help promote and defend the industry. Advocating for your industry can be as simple as telling friends and family about available resources, which they can then tell their friends about. Or for people who want to be more actively involved letters can be sent to the media, comments can be posted online or you may even want to start your own blog.
Tips and tools for advocacy
A range of tips and tools have been developed to help you become advocates to provide information and to promote and support your industry. These include the following which can be accessed via the links below:
- The Target 100 initiative - join the conversation now to showcase the industry's sustainability
- Social Media Tips & Tools - 5 step workshop to help develop your social media skills
- Education materials to share with city friends- to help you tell them about issues important to you and for distribution to schools, community groups, friends and family
- Resources regarding contacting the media- to have your say, tell your story and/or clarify misinformation
- Industry information - to point members of the community to or to learn more yourself
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?