Annual General Meeting
Meat & Livestock Australia's 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at Hotel Realm, 18 National Circuit, Canberra, ACT on 21 November 2018.
What is an AGM?
An AGM is a meeting of the members of a company. It must be held at least once in each calendar year, within five months of the end of the company’s financial year.
What is the business of an AGM?
The business of an AGM may include:
- the consideration of the annual Financial Report, Directors’ Report, Auditor’s Report and any resolutions
- the election of directors
- the appointment of the auditor
- questions or comments from members about the management of the company.
Who can attend MLA’s AGM?
MLA’s AGM can be attended by:
- MLA members
- any proxy, attorney or representative appointed by an MLA member
- other persons permitted by MLA.
To register for the MLA AGM, you will need to present your membership card or your voting entitlement and proxy form at the registration table before the AGM commences at 3.30pm. Please note, the business of each year’s AGM is sent out in the notice of meeting in October.
What else happens on the day of the AGM?
While the AGM is for members only and registered guests, during the week of the AGM there are a number of events open to all. MLA is planning a four day program including producer tours, the latest innovation and marketing insights, trade show and technology demonstrations, business breakfast, networking opportunities and the MLA Annual General Meeting.
Find out more
- Policies and processes to encourage participation at meetings
- Find out more about voting entitlements and levie
- About your levy
- MLA member voting entitlements
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?