Annual General Meeting
Meat & Livestock Australia's 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held in Alice Springs, NT from 21-22 November 2017.
What is an AGM?
An AGM is a meeting of the members of a company. It must be held at least once in each calendar year, within five months of the end of the company’s financial year.
What is the business of an AGM?
The business of an AGM may include:
- the consideration of the annual Financial Report, Directors’ Report, Auditor’s Report and any resolutions
- the election of directors
- the appointment of the auditor
- questions or comments from members about the management of the company.
Who can attend MLA’s AGM?
MLA’s AGM can be attended by:
- MLA members
- any proxy, attorney or representative appointed by an MLA member
- other persons permitted by MLA.
To register for the MLA AGM, you will need to present your membership card or your voting entitlement and proxy form at the registration table before the AGM commences at 2pm. Please note, the business of each year’s AGM is sent out in the notice of meeting in October.
What else happens on the day of the AGM?
While the AGM is for members only and registered guests, in the morning prior to the AGM there are two key sessions open to all:
Red meat industry forum
The Red Meat Advisory Council (RMAC) will chair a public forum for producers and other stakeholders to discuss important issues impacting livestock enterprises and the broader industry with peak industry council representatives.
MLA producer forum
The MLA producer forum provides MLA members with the opportunity to hear from key MLA staff on the past year’s highlights and future directions of MLA’s marketing and R&D programs.
Find out more
- Policies and processes to encourage participation at meetings
- Find out more about voting entitlements and levies
- About your levy
- MLA member voting entitlements
Phone: 1800 023 100
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?