Young Food Innovators
The Food Value Chain Innovators: Young Food Innovators program is a 12-month intensive, accelerated development program for young people working in the red meat producer sector.
This program is designed for young producers looking to develop new high value opportunities in domestic or export markets, implement innovative new business models or accelerate the adoption of new disruptive technologies within their production business.
The Young Food Innovators program will equip you with advanced design-led innovation and value chain design approaches to enable you to become an effective innovation catalyst. It will provide you with the insights and best practice innovation tools needed to participate effectively in the value chains of the future.
The Young Food Innovators program is a 12-month intensive development program that will help you develop a ‘whole-of-chain’ (paddock to plate) approach. Drawing on market and consumer insights and using real-life industry case studies, you will learn how to use the latest innovation tools in a practical way. You’ll undertake a major project as well as develop a new business opportunity that is not standard ‘business-as-usual’.
The program includes:
- an introductory, one-week residential sprint in July 2017
- three residential workshops of 3-5 days duration where you will apply your learnings across topics including: global market trends and insights; design-led innovation; value chain design; food innovation; business start-up skills and new venture creation; and business model design
- participation in food value chain innovation, market and insights projects
- support to design and manage targeted value chain insights and innovation projects within your business
- in-market study tours
- access to senior industry mentors
- exposure to relevant industry events
- participation in the Young Food Innovators network, which includes members from the first (post farm-gate) cohort and from a similar New Zealand program.
For eligibility guidelines and program details for the red meat sector refer to the Young Food Innovators Flyer.
Applications close COB Friday 19 May 2017.
To apply or for more information contact:
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?