MLA Producer Innovation Award
Innovation in the red meat and livestock industry is crucial to ensuring a productive and sustainable future – and red meat producers are at the forefront of driving this innovation, on-farm and through the supply chain.
Meat & Livestock Australia will once again recognise this through their support of the Producer Innovation Award at Beef Australia 2021 in May, and is inviting innovative red meat producers to enter the award and have their pioneering achievements to building a resilient and progressive red meat industry recognised.
The award forms part of the Rabobank Beef Industry Awards presented by Queensland Country Life.
The MLA Producer Innovation Award will be awarded to a beef producer that can demonstrate excellence in one or more of the following themes:
- Accelerated adoption of innovations to improve on-farm performance.
- Producer-led innovations resulting in new products, brands and value chains.
- Producer-led new ventures and start-ups.
The winner will be invited to attend the Beef Industry Awards Dinner at Beef Australia 2021 on 3 May 2021, be presented a glass trophy, certificate and prize money of $1,000.00. Additionally, the winner will be given entry passes to Beef Australia for 2 days and accommodation for 2 nights, with travel and accommodation costs for the winner to be included in the prize.
What you need to know
Award applications will be required to provide applicant personal details and an applicant profile, along with addressing the award criteria. Any applications with insufficient detail will be returned with a request for more information to ensure all applicants have an equal opportunity.
The full award information, criteria and terms and conditions are outlined below.
Award applications and general award inquiries are to be sent to email@example.com and received no later than midnight on Thursday 25 March 2021.
Applicants are to be self-nominated and must be a beef producer currently operating in Australia.
Applicants must provide a profile/bio of yourself and your business in 300 words or less, and include a headshot image of the applicant.
The application should address the themes listed above, whether one theme or multiple themes, and clearly state which themes they are addressing. The application needs to address the following:
- Concept/Idea: how was your innovation (concept/idea) identified and developed?
- Desirability: What is the problem/challenge/opportunity faced by producers or customers that your innovation (concept/idea) addresses? Why is it a problem or opportunity?
- Feasibility: How is your innovation (concept/idea) offering a solution? How will the innovation (concept/idea) improve and/or accelerate productivity, profitability or industry advancement and competitiveness?
- Viability: What benefits will your innovation (concept/idea) deliver to producers, their business and potentially the industry over the longer term?
Applications should be no more than 500 words per theme and may include supporting digital materials such as video footage and/or images. Any supporting videos are to be no longer than 5mins per video.
The application is to be submitted in written format in a Word or PDF file format.
Applications are to include:
- Full name, profession/business name, address, preferred contact number, email
- Applicant Profile: tell us about yourself/your business operation (maximum 300 words) and include a high-resolution photo of yourself.
Terms & Conditions
- Applications close 12.00pm / midnight 25 March 2021.
- Applications are to be submitted to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant’s personal details will be used only for the purpose of this Award program.
- By applying for the Award, Applicants give consent to MLA to use Application information for media and promotional purposes.
- Any images or video footage commissioned by MLA that feature the Winner will be owned by MLA to use for MLA purposes.
- The non-cash prize inclusions are not redeemable for cash nor transferrable.
- MLA will cover travel costs to attend Beef Australia as below:
- Two standard room nights accommodation in Rockhampton to attend Beef Australia 2021. Accommodation is one room only and may be twin share or double configuration. MLA may provide the accommodation or reimburse the winner for accommodation booked at a reasonable rate and on receipt of a copy of the tax invoice/tax receipt.
- Meals, incidentals, room upgrades are not included.
- Economy fare flights for the Award winner from the nearest capital city to Rockhampton and return. Should the Award winner reside more than 3.5hours from the nearest airport, MLA will pay for additional accommodation as reasonable en-route to/from Rockhampton to ensure Award winner travel safety. MLA may book the winner’s travel or reimburse the winner for travel costs booked on receipt of invoices.
- Airport transfers to be organised by the winner and MLA will reimburse on receipt of a copy of the tax invoice/tax receipt.
- Should the winner not be able to attend the Awards Dinner on Monday 3 May:
- The winner will work with MLA to organise a pre-recorded video to air at the Awards Dinner.
- The associated travel, accommodation and event ticketing is not redeemable for cash or transferable in any way and will be voided.
Producer innovation in action
MLA invests in programs that accelerate the development and adoption of innovation to improve farm and value chain performance. Here are some examples of producer led innovation projects.