Productivity and Profitability webinars
This series of webinars are designed to assist Sheep, Cattle and Goat producers to increase the productivity and profitability of their businesses.
Register to be notified of upcoming webinars (note: you only have to register once to be notified of upcoming webinars).
Checking your cows are at optimum condition score this winter
Dr Paul Nilon of Nilon Farm Health discusses the importance of condition scoring cattle and setting condition score targets throughout winter. This webinar includes important information about:
- What is conditioning scoring
- How to condition score
- The uses of condition scoring
- Setting condition score targets for reproduction stages
- Nutritional planning
- Meeting minimal animal welfare standards.
Update on Beef and Lamb Benchmarks
In this webinar Holmes Sacketts Director Sandy McEachern updates the beef and lamb industry on key benchmarks of beef and lamb enterprises coming from the 2017/18 benchmark year.
The 2017/18 benchmark year saw the top 20% get the balance right between income, costs and production. A balance which is important to take advantage of the below average season but forgiving market prices. Sandy delves into the Holmes Sackett benchmark data which consists of over 180 businesses from south eastern Australia and delivers how beef and lamb stack up relative to each other and also how the top producers from each enterprise are achieving their results. Watch this webinar to learn about:
- What were the key profit drivers for beef enterprises for 2017/18
- What were the key profit drivers for lamb enterprises for 2017/18
- What are the take home messages from the 2017/18 benchmark data
The Booming Goat Industry – An Introductory Overview
Trudy Atkinson of NSW DPI will provided an introductory overview of the Australian goat meat industry. In 2018, Australia processed 1.7 million goats. The industry sold 21,000 tonnes of goat meat and 21,000 live goats to international markets. The total export value was $190 million. Producers are currently receiving 938 c/kg cwt for their product.
View this webinar for important information about:
- The production systems and supply chains that deliver goat meat to domestic and international markets
- Supply, price and population trends
- Major markets and global demand for goat meat
- R&D projects, which are supporting industry development.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?