2017 MSA Excellence in Eating Quality Awards | Ulverstone, Tasmania
This event celebrates producers who are recognised for their outstanding compliance rates to MSA specifications, as well as high eating quality performance.
As part of the awards, a ‘Most Outstanding Feedlot’ and ‘Most Outstanding Non-Feedlot’ MSA producer will be awarded.
One producer will also win the inaugural MSA Excellence in Eating Quality Progress Award for showing the greatest improvement in their MSA results over the 2015-16 and 2016-17 financial years.
This event will also include a ‘What Makes the Perfect MSA Index’ forum which covers the latest developments in the MSA program and related research, focusing on areas that will help improve carcase compliance and eating quality performance including benchmarking, genetics and nutrition.
The forum will also provide producers with an opportunity to hear about important changes to the Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) program and the latest information on the rollout of objective measurement technology in the red meat industry.
- Welcome and introduction - Sarah Strachan, MSA Program Manager
- What is MSA benchmarking and how do I use it to improve my MSA Index? - Jarrod Lees, MSA Producer Engagement Officer
- Impacts of seasonable variability on your MSA performance - Dr Peter McGilchrist, University of New England Senior Meat Science Lecturer
- The future of MSA: A conversation with the Research & Development team - Janine Lau, MSA Research and Development Integrity Manager
- How MSA carcases are utilised: A product demonstration showcasing MSA principles - Kelly Payne, MSA Retail Training Facilitator
- LPA update: How changes to the program will affect you - Dr Jane Weatherley, Integrity Systems Company Chief Executive Officer
- The driving strategy behind MLA’s Producer Consultation and Adoption team, followed by an update on the National Livestock Genetics Consortium - Michael Crowley, MLA Producer Consultation and Adoption General Manager
- The value of big data and transparency - Richard Norton, MLA Managing Director
Download the flyer here.
The event will feature an address from special guest - Australian cricketer, Matthew Wade.
Date & time:
21 Sep 2017 02:00PM to 21 Sep 2017 08:00PM
River Arms Hotel, 1 Crescent Street, Ulverstone, Tasmania
This is a free event.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?