Grazing Land Management EDGE | Roma, Queensland
Grazing Land Management EDGE builds on Grazing Fundamentals on day 1. In addition, it reviews the science and principles behind different land management strategies you can use to optimise your land condition and productivity.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- better understand the connection between land condition, pasture growth and animal production
- allow for climate variability when planning livestock management
- recognise and account for the dominant land types in on your property
- make realistic carrying capacity estimates based on the mix of land types, condition of these land types and timber competition
- choose appropriate tools and strategies to improve land condition and carrying capacity.
In addition to what you have already learnt in Grazing Fundamentals, you will learn:
- how to assess long-term carrying capacity of paddocks and properties
- what influences the tree/grass balance and how to manage for these influences
- the role of fire, sown pastures and weed management in healthy, productive grazing systems.
$1,200pp* + GST for 1 person from a business, $950pp* + GST for 2 people from the same business. Cost includes 2-day workshop, workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning/afternoon tea each day.
* Price discounted by $300 thanks to the generous support of $200 from GrazingFutures BMP project, an initiative of the Queensland Government and $100 from Queensland Murray-Darling Committee through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
Col Paton – EcoRich Grazing, Jill Alexander – Applied Ag, Rhonda Toms-Morgan – ConnectAg.
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
30 May 2018 08:30AM to 31 May 2018 04:30PM
The Shed, 50 Bungil St, Roma
Register online by clicking here.
For more information:
Contact Jill Alexander M: 0427 764 897 or E: email@example.com Places are limited.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?