ASHEEP AGM and Conference | Esperance, WA
MLA invites you to this Asheep Annual General Meeting (AGM) and conference. ASHEEP is the association for sheep husbandry, excellence, evaluation and production.
- 8:30am AGM
- 9:30am Magnesium’s effect on dark cutting and animal temperament– The Local data Peter Gale, Landmark Brindley and Gale
- 9:50am WA Farmers Federation Update– Matt Hill, Zone President
- 10:00am Foot and Mouth Disease– the English Experience Erica Ayers, local producer and vet. ASHEEP FMD Readiness Pilot Project Bob Reed, Local producer and ASHEEP committee member
10:40am Morning Tea
- 11:00am Magnesium, the why and how of supplementation and how to get the most out of crop grazing– Kate Louden, Murdoch University
- 11:40am Lamb Survival Initiative Results- what about wind chill? And the latest local findings in sheep management and nutrition. Ed Riggall, Agpro Management
- 1:15pm Elanco Update– David Howey, Elanco
- 1:30pm Wether trials and flock DNA profiling– How does Esperance stack up and what do we do with the data? Caris Jones, MLA
- 2:30pm Guest Producer Case Study– Wayne Pech, Gnowangerup
3:30pm Afternoon break
- 3:40pm Oestrogenic Medics and clovers and their impact on animal performance– Kevin Foster, UWA
- 4:00pm Red Clover Update– Paul Sanford, DPIRD
- 4:45pm Question panel and refreshments sponsored by Elanco
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
21 Jun 2018 08:00AM to 21 Jun 2018 05:00PM
Esperance Bay Yacht Club
$20 for morning tea and lunch
Registrations by 18th June to Jan Clawson 0407 990 497 or email@example.com
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?