BeefUp day | Karumba, Queensland
MLA BeefUp Days are held throughout northern Australia and are developed to give beef producers:
- tools and information to use in their business to improve productivity and profitability
- an opportunity to investigate training and learning opportunities available in their region
- information about research projects and producer demonstration sites that are relevant to their region.
Day 1 Friday 13th October 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Effective breeder management: Ian Braithwaite
- R&D Tools to Enhance Carcase Assessment: Richard Apps MLA and Teys Australia
- MSA and PCAS Update: Jarrod Lees MLA
- Managing a Production Business: Speaker Panel
- Getting the best from your people: Barb Bishop, Capacity in People
- On farm WHS: Agriculture Strategy Unit, WHSQ
- MLA Update: Richard Norton, MLA Managing Director
BBQ from 6.30pm
Day 2 Saturday 14th October 7.45am – 4.00pm
- Drone Demonstration: Ruralco
- Managing your production system: Producer Speaker Panel
- Carbon Farming Opportunities: Ronald Thompson, GreenCollar Group
- Biosecurity Planning: Justin Toohey
- Live Export and Marketing Live Export site visit Angus Street. Auction Plus
- Next Gen Future in Production: Beef$ense NextGen Group Jean Robins Ag Training
- MLA R&D Priorities: Barb Bishop MLA BeefUp Event Coordinator
Gala Ball from 6.30pm
Attend a BeefUp Day and take away practical tools and information to beef up your business.
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
13 Oct 2017 08:30AM to 14 Oct 2017 04:00PM
Karumba Recreational Club Marquee, 51 Karumba Development Rd Karumba, Queensland
Registration and cost:
Registrations for 2-day BeefUp Showcase - Online: Click here to register
BeefUp Program Cost: $40 - Includes: Morning and afternoon teas, lunch and BBQ dinner
Gala Ball Cost: $40
RSVP: Tuesday 10th October 2017 Contact Sarah: 0421 568 286
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?