Breeding EDGE workshop | Charters Towers, Queensland
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop (30-31 August and 6 September) designed to improve and refine producers breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders - systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
Deliverers: Felicity Hamlyn-Hill (Beef Enterprise Advisory Services), Mick Sullivan (QDAF), Tim Emery (Tropical Beef Technology Services) and ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet.
Date & time:
14 Jul 2018 08:00AM to 15 Jul 2018 05:00PM
QDAF Office, 1-5 Prior St, Charters Towers
$1,750 + GST / One person from a business or $1,450 + GST / Two or more people from one business. Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files, other materials plus lunch and morning/afternoon tea each day.
To register contact Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services, M: 0428 113 732 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?