Breeding EDGE workshop | Nebo, Queensland
This event has been postponed. New date to be confirmed soon.
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
What you will learn:
- Reproduction and current herd performance
- Female reproduction
- Managing the breeders - systems
- Bull fertility and management
- Reproductive diseases and diseases that impact reproduction
- Breeder herd management plan
- Genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- Traits of economic importance for your herd
- Genetic principles and selection tools
- Selection and selection criteria
- Breeds and breeding systems
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill - Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd; Tim Emery - Tropical Beef Technology Services (TBTS); Dr Alan Guilfoyle – Clermont Veterinary Surgery
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
18 Oct 2017 08:30AM to 20 Oct 2017 05:00PM
Nebo Bowls Club, 22 Oxford St, Nebo, Queensland
$1,750 + GST 1st person from a business and $1,450 + GST 2nd person from a business. Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Places are limited. To register contact: Felicity Hamlyn-Hill M: 0428 113 732 or E: email@example.com
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?