Breeding EDGE workshop | Biloela QLD
22 Aug 2022 08:00AM - 24 Aug 2022 05:00PM
Location: Biloela, QLD
1st person from one business = $1,350* + GST (FBA catchment producers) OR $1,750 + GST; 2nd & 3rd person from same business = $1,050* + GST (FBA catchment producers) OR $1,450 +GST.
* Subsidies are available for Fitzroy landholders to cover training costs.
Contact FBAs Vicki Horstman on M: 0419 160 537 to enquire if you are eligible.
This event is funded by the Australian Government’s Reef Trust with support from Fitzroy Basin Association
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve
and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans
using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve
desired production targets.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders - systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to your breeds and breeding systems.
Presenters: Felicity Hamlyn-Hill (Beef Enterprise Advisory Services), Mick Sullivan (Qld Department Agriculture & Fisheries), Tim Emery (Qld Department Agriculture & Fisheries) and ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet.