Grazing fundamentals EDGE workshop | Kingaroy, Queensland
Grazing fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting.
Presenter: Jill Alexander - AppliedAg and Col Paton - EcoRich Grazing
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
17 Oct 2017 08:30AM to 17 Oct 2017 04:00PM
Town Common Hall, Oliver Bond St, Kingaroy, Queensland
$150pp + GST (subsidised, normally $750pp + GST). This workshop is supported by the Burnett Mary Regional Group through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
Register online here.
For more information:
Contact: Jill Alexander, M: 0427 764 897 E: email@example.com
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?