Grazing Fundamentals workshop | Meandarra, Queensland
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production systems and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- know when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- understand what conditions drive pasture
- growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
- evaluate the productive potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
- better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition.
Presenters: Jill Alexander, Applied Ag and Rhonda Toms-Morgan – ConnectAg
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
01 Mar 2018 08:30AM to 01 Mar 2018 04:00PM
Meandarra Bowls Club, 4 Walton Street, Meandarra
$650 + GST for one person (subsidised, normally $750pp + GST)
$800 + GST for two people from one business
10% Earlybird discount if you register before 21 February. Use the discount code GRAZE at registration.
Register online here.
For more information contact: Jill Alexander M: 0427 764 897, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?