Grazing Fundamentals workshop Winton Qld
The Grazing Fundamentals has been designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimizing grazing land productivity. It looks at the local influences on pasture yield and quality and how seasonal planning and strategic management can be used to achieve land condition and animal production goals.
Grazing Fundamentals is part Meat & Livestock Australia’s EDGENetwork suite of accredited training workshops. Each participant will receive course notes and worksheets. Catering is also provided for participants.
What you will learn
- Environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- Local seasonal pasture growth patterns
- Key decision dates for reviewing feed supply and stock numbers
- How soil properties influence pasture growth
- Land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- Principles behind successful grazing systems
- How to account for different classes of grazing animals when assessing grazing pressure
- What’s involved with forage budgeting
To download the flyer click here.
Date & time:
21 Feb 2017 08:30AM to 21 Feb 2017 04:00PM
Registrations are required by Friday, 10 February 2017. Contact Jenny Milson on 4650 1233 or email Jenny.Milson@daf.qld.gov.au.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?