Grazing land management EDGE workshop Emerald
Strategies to increase profit and sustainability
The Grazing Land Management EDGE package (GLM EDGE) is customised for northern Australian producers. It is designed to give you a practical and planned approach to improve the productivity and sustainability of your country.
During the workshop you will:
- Learn how to assess the condition of your paddocks and calculate their long term carrying capacity.
- Better understand the relationships between pasture, water, soils, woodlands, biodiversity, fire and weeds.
- Consider the financial impact of a range of grazing management options.
- Use a locally relevant case study to explore different management options.
- Develop a grazing management plan for your property.
The workshop package includes:
- Three-day workshop (with a paddock session)
- Follow-up day (approximately 4–8 months later)
- Workshop notes and reference material
- Morning teas, afternoon teas and lunches
The workshop uses an interactive style and builds on participants’ knowledge.
- Understanding the grazing ecosystem
- Managing fire and the tree-grass balance
- Pasture restoration and role of sown pastures
- Land reclamation and gully management
- Managing weeds
- Developing a grazing management plan
Individual issues will be addressed during this course.
Date & time:
21 Mar 2017 08:30AM to 23 Mar 2017 05:00PM
Emerald, Capricorn Hwy, Emerald, Queensland
One person from a business – $1,760. Two people from one business – $1,485 each. Three people from one business – $1,210 each. An early bird discount of $150 is available if payment is received before 20 February 2017.
RSVP Monday 6 March 2017
For more information and to register please contact Byrony Daniels on (07) 4991 0867 or email [email protected].