Nutrition EDGE workshop | Biloela, Queensland
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition.
Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand a feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
- importance of nutrition
- how to get your bottom line to benefit
- digestion and nutrients
- pasture intake, quality and diet quality
- pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
- calculating a forage budget
- mineral nutrition
- diagnosing deficiencies
- supplementation and other tools
- supplement groups
- reading a label
- practical nutrition management
- defining production targets
- calculating viability of options.
Deliverer: Désirée Jackson, Désirée Jackson Livestock Management
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
18 Apr 2018 08:30AM to 20 Apr 2018 05:00PM
Venue TBA, Biloela
$1,750 + GST / 1st person from one business or $1,450 + GST / 2 or more people from one business. Producers meeting eligibility criteria may claim the Fitzroy Basin Association Training Reimbursement Program which covers 70% of the total course cost, capped at $700 per financial year.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Désirée Jackson, M: 0409 062 692 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?