Paddock Health Workshop | Ardlethan, NSW
Take a walk out in the paddock with Lisa Castleman, LLS Senior Agronomist and Ian Davidson, local ecologist and sustainable land management specialist to discuss the use of modern grazing techniques to enhance native environments – a win-win for agriculture and the environment!
- Paddock walk over to discuss how to identify annual and perennial ground cover with a focus on grasses
- Growth cycle of annual and perennial grasses – C3 and C4 grasses
- Timing of grazing and stocking rates
- Ground cover layer condition indicators
Managing pest species
- The impact of pest species on ground cover and native fauna
- What are the benefits of controlling pest species?
- Techniques that can be used to control pest species – demonstration of Canid Pest Ejector (CPE’s) for fox baiting
- How LLS can support you in controlling pest species?
- How can LLS support you in managing for biodiversity?
- What funding is available and how can you apply for funding?
- Who can help?
Breakfast and lunch provided. This event is free.
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
23 Aug 2017 08:30AM to 23 Aug 2017 12:00PM
Bygoo Station, Sprys Lane, Ardlethan, NSW
Registration and more information:
Nicole Robinson, Land Services Officer, Native Vegetation Management T: 0428 730 563, E: email@example.com
Please RSVP by 10th August
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?