Precision to decision agriculture workshop, Barossa Valley
The Precision to Decision Project (P2D) project involves all Rural Research and Development Corporations, and is focused on three main aims:
- Facilitating the development of digital technology in Australian agriculture.
- Fostering the establishment of appropriate legal frameworks, data systems and access to critical datasets.
- Identifying the data communications systems required to deliver the benefits of digital agriculture to the Australia farm and agribusiness sectors.
This workshops aim to:
- identify your current and future information needs, and uncover any emerging issues in relation to data usage and access in your industry. This information will be used to identify opportunities for cross industry collaboration in supporting big data systems for Australian agriculture
- provide strategic direction for your industry Research & Development Corporation – for investment in big data systems and analytics.
9.30am Welcome and Introduction
9.45am The P2D Project - Why We Are Here – The Global Competitive Outlook
10.15am Understanding How Your On-Farm Decisions Are Currently Made
11.15am Understanding Why, When and How Decisions Affect Your Business
12.00pm Identifying Future Decision Making Needs, Gaps and Opportunities
1.15pm Open Forum – Discussing needs and opportunities for agriculture industry data analytics and investment
2.00pm Exploring Industry-wide Barriers and Opportunities for Improved Data Use
2.30pm Feedback - Thanks and Close
Date & time:
27 Apr 2017 09:30AM to 27 Apr 2017 02:30PM
Barossa Valley, SA
Registration invitation is open to all agricultural producers and their supporting advisors, and those in the agriculture supply chain. Places are limited - Workshop registration is required one week prior to the event.
Send registrations to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 02 6282 1219
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?