Request MLA sponsorship
MLA’s purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the Australian red meat & livestock industry. Our sponsorship program provides financial and in-kind support for industry events that increase awareness and adoption of business-enhancing research, development and marketing.
The application process for MLA sponsorship is a bi-annual call for sponsorships of up to $10,000.
All sponsorship applications are competitively assessed against strict criteria.
Second round applications - 2017-2018
Second round applications for MLA sponsorship will close on 24 November 2017 for events seeking up to $10,000 and in-kind sponsorships held during the period 1 January - 30 June 2018.
To be considered for sponsorship, your event must meet the following criteria:
- Align with the priorities of MLA’s Strategic Plan.
- Target commercial red meat producers to increase the productivity, sustainability and profitability of their business.
- Include agreed measures of success such as number of attendees, satisfaction and usefulness scores.
- Provide follow-up opportunities post-event to further enhance the information delivered
- MLA to be acknowledged and recognised as a sponsor of the event.
- MLA logo to appear on all event promotional material and publications (website and print advertising) in accordance with MLA’s brand guidelines.
- Allow for a MLA banner to be displayed at the event.
- Opportunity to have a trade stand at the event, where appropriate.
- Opportunity to have a MLA staff member speak at the event.
- Post Event Report to be completed within 1 month after event.
Other sponsorship considerations
- Given the overall demand on the sponsorship program, applicants may be offered a lesser amount than what is requested in the application process.
- MLA recognises the valuable work many community groups and organisations do. However, our sponsorship program is unable to offer financial support to events such as cooking demonstrations, barbeque challenges, fundraising initiatives, youth camps, social functions and dinners.
- Invoices are processed for payment at the completion of the event and on receipt of a Post Event Report.
- MLA’s acceptance of the application and payment of the sponsorship amount is conditional upon the Event proceeding as planned and in accordance with the details provided in the application. Should the event be cancelled or altered in any way, MLA reserves its rights to review the sponsorship and the sponsorship amount in light of the changes.
STEP 1: Request sponsorship
After reading and understanding the above information, please click below to submit a sponsorship request. The application form will open in a new window.
STEP 2: Application review process
Applications are reviewed by MLA and ranked against the selection criteria. MLA reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason; or
- Request additional information or negotiate aspects of the application to ensure the best possible outcome for both parties.
STEP 3: Notification of outcome
All applicants will be advised by email of the outcome of their submission and successful applicants will be invited to enter into a contract with MLA.
STEP 4: Approved applications
If successful, MLA will send an email confirmation to the address nominated by the applicant, and request acceptance of the following terms conditions via an online link included in the confirmation email:
Once the acceptance form has been received, MLA will then work with the event organiser to arrange a suitable speaker, promotional material and publications, event promotion and other aspects of the sponsorship agreement.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?