Request MLA sponsorship
MLA’s purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the Australian red meat & livestock industry. Our sponsorship program provides financial and in-kind support for industry events that increase awareness and adoption of business-enhancing research, development and marketing.
The application process for MLA sponsorship is a bi-annual call for sponsorships of up to $10,000.
All sponsorship applications are competitively assessed against strict criteria.
Please note that sponsorship applications for events held up to 31 December 2019 have now closed.
Applications are now open for events held January - June 2020
Applications for MLA sponsorship for events seeking up to $10,000 and/or in-kind sponsorships held during the period 1 January 2020 – 30 June 2020 are now open. Applications will close on Friday, 11 October 2019 at 6:00pm.
MLA will notify applicants within three weeks of the closing date as to whether the application for sponsorship has been successful.
For further information please contact email@example.com or 07 3620 5211.
To be considered for sponsorship, your event must meet the following criteria:
- Align with the priorities of MLA’s Strategic Plan.
- Target commercial red meat producers to increase the productivity, sustainability and profitability of their business.
- Include agreed measures of success such as number of attendees, satisfaction and usefulness scores.
- Provide follow-up opportunities post-event to further enhance the information delivered
- MLA to be acknowledged and recognised as a sponsor of the event.
- MLA logo to appear on all event promotional material and publications (website and print advertising) in accordance with MLA’s brand guidelines.
- Allow for an MLA banner to be displayed at the event.
- Opportunity to have a trade stand at the event, where appropriate.
- Opportunity to have a MLA staff member speak at the event. Any registration and catering costs associated with having a speaker at your event are to be covered by the event organiser. Speaker travel and accommodation will be covered by MLA.
- Post-Event Report to be completed within one month after event.
Other sponsorship considerations
- Given the overall demand on the sponsorship program, applicants may be offered a lesser amount than that requested in the application.
- MLA recognises the valuable work of many community groups and organisations. However, our sponsorship program is unable to offer financial support to events such as cooking demonstrations, barbeque challenges, fundraising initiatives, youth camps, social functions and dinners.
- Invoices are processed for payment at the completion of the event and on receipt of a Post-Event Report.
- MLA’s acceptance of the application and payment of the sponsorship amount is conditional upon the Event proceeding as planned and in accordance with the details provided in the application. Should the event be cancelled or altered in any way, MLA reserves its rights to review the sponsorship and the sponsorship amount in light of the changes.
STEP 1: Request sponsorship
After reading and understanding the above information, please click below to submit a sponsorship request. The application form will open in a new window.
Please note that there have been updates to the Sponsorship Criteria and Other Sponsorship Considerations. Please make sure you have read these carefully before submitting an application. This applies to all applications, including events that MLA has funded previously.
STEP 2: Application review process
Applications are reviewed by MLA and ranked against the selection criteria. MLA reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason; or
- Request additional information or negotiate aspects of the application to ensure the best-possible outcome for all parties.
STEP 3: Notification of outcome
All applicants will be advised by email of the outcome of their submission, and successful applicants will be invited to enter into a contract with MLA.
STEP 4: Approved applications
If successful, MLA will send an email confirmation to the address nominated by the applicant, and request acceptance of the following terms conditions via an online link included in the confirmation email:
Once the acceptance form has been received, MLA will then work with the event organiser to arrange a suitable speaker, promotional material and publications, event promotion and other aspects of the sponsorship agreement.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?