Applications invited for producer event sponsorship
01 November 2016
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) is encouraging those with grassroots producer events in the first half of 2017 to apply for sponsorship as part of its second-round sponsorship applications process.
MLA offers sponsorship support and expert speakers for events and initiatives that bring long-term benefit and add value to the red meat industry.
All events that contribute to industry and provide a worthwhile experience for producers and others in the value chain are eligible for financial support or resources on the day.
Second round MLA event sponsorship opportunities include applications:
- for $10,000 and less and in-kind sponsorships for events held between January 2017 and June 2017.
Any group or organisation whose event meets the criteria (below) is encouraged to apply for MLA event sponsorship. Applications for second round MLA sponsorship close Thursday, 1 December 2016.
MLA recognises the value in supporting local events and grassroots producer education and is committed to supporting groups which take the initiative to engage and inform the industry.
While all events that bring benefit to producers are considered, priority is given to those related to livestock production which build awareness of research and development (R&D) and stimulate adoption of new tools, technologies and practices.
In the last 12 months, MLA has supported over 75 events, including a King Island Beef Group day, the 2016 Agribusiness Sheep Updates, a forum on the successful farming of meat goats, and a weaning acclimation workshop.
All events benefited from MLA sponsorship support or in-kind contributions and reached a wide network of producers to provide valuable, seasonal and relevant on-farm information at a localised level.
Key dates: Applications close Thursday, 1 December 2016 for event sponsorships of $10,000 and less and in-kind MLA resource support for events held during the period 1 January, 2017 to 30 June, 2017.
All MLA-supported events and activities must:
- Target commercial red meat producers, with no specific breed focus;
- Allow for an MLA presentation / speaker and appropriate levels of branding;
- Where appropriate, include an interactive display / session / presentation as a part of the event;
- Include agreed measures of success such as number of attendees, satisfaction / usefulness scores and participation in follow-up activities;
- Align with the priorities set out in MLA’s Strategic Plan, which contributes to the profitability, sustainability and global competitiveness of the red meat and livestock industry (click here for further information);
- Deliver a post-event analysis within four weeks of event concluding, and
- Provide follow-up opportunities post-event to further circulate or enhance the information delivered (including events, online content, workshops, etc.)
To find out more about seeking support from MLA for an event or activity contact MLA Events & Sponsorship Officer Fiona Looker on 02 9463 9391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?