'Fork to farm' profit drivers to be revealed at Beef Australia
21 March 2018
A headline event on day one of Beef Australia 2018 will reveal the opportunities for beef producers to drive their business profit in the years ahead.
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) has assembled some of the ‘best in their field’ to share the latest innovation and marketing insights that will drive beef’s prosperity from the consumer’s fork to the farmgate.
Scheduled for Monday, 7 May, the discussion will draw on that advice to examine how the beef supply chain can meet changing consumer demands and remain globally competitive – and how individual businesses can benefit.
The ‘Fostering beef’s prosperity: fork to farm’ seminar opens with an exploration of emerging consumer trends and high value opportunities. Session two canvasses the innovation that can keep our supply chain agile in an increasingly competitive global market place. Finally, the seminar will examine how to drive productivity and beef quality through current and future genetic innovation.
“In this industry, the consumer is king. MLA’s seminar will demonstrate how all of the supply chain can meet changing consumer demands and how our Australian beef industry can remain globally competitive into the future,” MLA Managing Director Richard Norton said.
The seminar program includes:
Session 1: High value opportunities for Australian beef
- Lisa Sharp, MLA Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Session 2: Innovation – the key to keeping your business competitive
- Sean Starling, MLA General Manager – Research Development & Innovation;
- Ben Dwyer, CEO Australian Cattle & Beef Holdings;
- Professor Salah Sukkarieh, Associate Dean & Director of Research & Innovation, Australian Centre for Field Robotics, The University of Sydney;
- Dr Johann Schroder, MLA Project Manager, Health Welfare & Biosecurity
Session 3: Driving prosperity through genetics
- Michael Crowley, MLA General Manager – Producer Consultation & Adoption
- Michael Lyons, Wambiana Station
- Russell Lethbridge, Werrington Cattle Company
- Dr Andrew Cromie, Technical Director, Irish Cattle Breeding Federation
- Professor Ben Hayes, University of Queensland
Details of MLA’s seminar ‘Fostering beef’s prosperity: fork to farm’:
Date: Monday, 7 May 2018
Time: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Location: Beef Australia 2018, James Lawrence Pavilion Room 1, Rockhampton Showgrounds
The MLA seminar is free of charge, however registration is essential as numbers are strictly limited. Register here
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) is a Principal Partner of Beef Australia 2018, the beef industry's premier event being staged in Rockhampton, Queensland, from 6-12 May.
To read about MLA’s full program at Beef Australia 2018, including key events, please visit www.beefaustralia2018.mla.com.au
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?