Go online to lift your beef bottom line
12 June 2015
The Northern Beef Report revealed significant opportunities to improve the performance of northern beef businesses.
Later this month the report’s lead author, Ian McLean, will present a BeefConnect webinar sharing strategies to help producers achieve that improvement.
‘Strategies to increase the profitability of extensive beef businesses’ will be held at 12.30pm AEST on Wednesday, 24 June 2015.
The one-hour webinar will focus on practical ways producers can boost their bottom line, drawing on the findings of the Northern Beef Report as well as Ian’s own experience working with producers across northern Australia.
Ian said the key issues to be covered in the webinar include:
- What is a ‘good business’? What are the characteristics of a good business, one that is able to provide for the needs and aspirations of its owners into the future?
- How much income is the herd earning? What determines the income of an extensive beef business and what can you do to increase income?
- What is the herd costing to operate? Here we’ll examine the major factors that determine the cost structure of an extensive beef business and provide strategies producers can use to both understand and manage costs for improved profits.
- What affect does scale have? Lack of scale is a major constraint for many producers, but what can, and should, you do about it?
- Where does cost of production fit into it all? Cost of production is the number one performance indicator for an extensive beef business – why is it so important, what determines it and how can you influence it?
Specific strategies relating to all these factors will be covered during the webinar to increase the profitability of beef businesses.
Download the new MLA publication: Improving the performance of northern beef enterprises – key findings for producers from the Northern Beef Report
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?