New online services tailored to you
01 February 2017
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) has launched a package of new online services for producers to access information through a single online platform that can be tailored to their individual needs.
The services, designed to help producers make more informed business decisions with greater ease, can be used at any time on any device and include:
- Single sign-on – MLA has created a new system for using one user name and password across key industry systems including National Livestock Identification System (NLIS), Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) and National Vendor Declarations (NVDs), Meat Standards Australia (MSA) and Livestock Data Link (LDL).
- An upgraded Prices & Markets section of the MLA website, now offering a greater variety of market information, deeper analysis and improved functionality.
- myMLA – an addition to the current MLA website, myMLA offers a unique user experience via a personalised dashboard based on location and enterprise type and is the access point for all of MLA’s new online services.
MLA Managing Director Richard Norton said the new services are part of MLA’s focus on improving and simplifying access to key information and making life easier for producers.
“MLA is committed to helping producers run more profitable, sustainable and globally competitive businesses through increased adoption of new technology and use of data,” Mr Norton said.
“These new online platforms are a first step toward capturing the enormous wealth of data being generated across our industry and delivering it through a single integrated information platform.
“We have developed these services following direct feedback from levy payers and industry who have advocated for the introduction of a single user name and password across key industry integrity systems such as NLIS and LPA.
“The upgrade to the prices and markets information MLA delivers has been in direct response to producers’ appetite for easier access to market information relevant to their business and the opportunity to carry out in depth analysis of that data."
Mr Norton said MLA will now look to users to provide further feedback on how the services can be improved and developed further.
“myMLA and the associated services will continue to evolve, with additional services added in response to user feedback, " he said.
“This is a key component of our journey to better use data for the benefit of our industry, and we’re confident now is the right time to introduce these services. They form part of MLA’s Digital Value Chain Strategy, announced in July 2016, designed to empower every participant at every point in the value chain through allowing data-driven, commercial decision making.”
The new online services are available to everyone and can be accessed by visiting www.mla.com.au/mymla
For more information about these services visit www.mla.com.au/about-mla/mymla
Overview of MLA’s new online services
- A single sign-on for integrity, information and quality assurance programs, allowing for NLIS, LPA, MSA and LDL to be accessed with one username and password.
- MLA recently assumed responsibility for the integrated delivery of these key systems. This is a first step in that streamlining process and will mean that users of these services will no longer have to keep multiple logins and passwords.
- NLIS, MSA, LPA and LDL will continue to hold producer information in the same way as they do now and MLA will not gain access to information about individual users and their businesses.
- Using the new sign-in system is not compulsory; producers can still log in through individual usernames and passwords if they wish.
Enhanced market information
The ‘Prices & Markets’ section of the MLA website will now provide more valuable and interactive market information and tools for more in-depth analysis.
The upgrades include:
- As a first for the red meat industry, producers will have the ability to compare a wide range of market information and data relevant to their individual business.
- Users can view and compare key daily indicators – EYCI, WYCI, weekly slaughter, over-the-hooks, saleyard, store, skin, AuctionsPlus and feeder cattle reports. These reports can be also downloaded into excel or pdf formats.
- Up-to-date audio reports from individual saleyards, recorded on location by MLA’s specialist team of Livestock Market Officers.
- Prices & Markets is the most visited section of the MLA website. The new system is intuitive, user friendly and has been designed to help producers make more informed business decisions.
myMLA is a personalised online dashboard offering customised and relevant information based on a user’s location and enterprise. This includes:
- Local weather services – a personalised seven day weather forecast based on location
- Customised market information – consisting of personalised market indicators, users will also have the ability to customise online ‘cards’ within their dashboard
- Events – users will receive information on local upcoming events
- Industry news – users will be provided with a flow of relevant industry news, advice and information from MLA and other sources
- Research resources and tools – The MLA website is home to a significant amount of research and development resources, tools and publications. myMLA will provide users with items of interest based on their enterprise type.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?