Western Downs producers to ‘BeefUp’ their businesses
24 August 2018
Beef producers throughout Queensland’s Western Downs region can hear how new on-farm technologies can help boost productivity and profitability when Meat & Livestock Australia’s (MLA) BeefUp Forum is held at Miles on 5 September.
The forum will feature a range of guest speakers addressing regionally relevant issues with a focus on technology, including how vertically integrated beef supply chain business Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings is using technology and data collection to inform its business decisions.
Hosted by MLA and supported by the North Australia Beef Research Council (NABRC) and the Southern Queensland Regional Beef Research Committee, the forum is also designed to seek direct input from producers to help drive the future direction of levy-payer funded research, development and adoption programs.
Topics and presenters include:
- MLA update – Michael Crowley, MLA Producer Consultation & Adoption Manager
- Profitable grazing systems – Jill Alexander, Applied Ag
- Improving animal welfare research and application update – Kylie Schooley, Chinchilla Vet Clinic
- Producers identifying R&D priorities – Lee Fitzpatrick, NABRC Chair and Barb Bishop, MLA BeefUp Forum Coordinator
- Quick, easy and accurate breeding decisions with genomics – Ben Hayes, Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation
- Technology and data collection: A tool for production decision making – Ben Dwyer, Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings
- Technology and production: New generation smart ear tags – David Smith, Ceres Tags
- Technology and production: Water monitoring made easy – Cameron Young, Farmbot
- Technology and production: Datamuster – David Swain, CQUniversity
The BeefUp Forum will be held at the Columboola Function Room, Miles Leichhardt Centre, and runs from 9am to 6pm. The cost to attend is $20, which includes morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a barbecue dinner. Registration is essential by 3 September.
For more information contact Barb Bishop on 0408 999 009 or email Barb here.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?