2016 Beef Fast Facts released
13 September 2016
MLA’s Market Information recently released the Australian Beef Industry Fast Facts 2016, which provides a brief snapshot of key industry statistics – including herd size, production, value, consumption, exports and Australia’s position relative to other countries.
Some highlights from the 2016 edition include:
- The Australian cattle herd consists of 27.4 million head of cattle as of June 2015, including 2.8 million head of dairy cattle (ABS Agricultural Commodities 2014-15)
- The off-farm value (domestic expenditure plus export value) of the Australian beef and cattle industry was $17.87 billion in 2015-16 (ABS, MLA estimate)
- In 2015-16, Australia produced approximately 2.34 million tonnes cwt of beef and veal (ABS)
- During 2015, Australia was the world’s largest beef exporter (USDA)
- In 2015-16, Australia exported 74% of its total beef and veal production to 84 countries (DA, ABS)
- Domestic expenditure on beef was approximately $7.83 billion in 2015-16 (MLA estimate)
To view the full Australian Beef Industry Fast Facts 2016, click here.
To subscribe to this publication, please email email@example.com.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?