Friday daily cattle summary
05 February 2016
Roma numbers dipped to 1,482 head across the combined prime and store sale. Quality was mostly plain however a few runs of good quality cattle were on offer. The usual feedlot buyers were present however not all operating and many restockers did not attend.
- Light weight C2 yearling steers to restockers were on 365¢/kg lwt
- Light weight D2 yearling heifers to restockers were on 323¢/kg lwt
- C4 Bullocks to slaughter were on 284¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter were 243¢/kg lwt
Yardings at Dubbo lifted to 3,760 head of mixed quality runs. Well finished cattle were on offer in all categories, however there was a fair percentage of store condition young cattle and cows.
- Medium weight C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 6¢ dearer on 329¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed were 328¢, gaining 3¢
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter eased 2¢ to 221¢/kg lwt
Bairnsdale sale saw an increase in numbers to 600 export and 220 young cattle of mixed quality across all categories. A full buying group was in attendance and the return of a domestic buyer drove strong competition, with most markets selling to a dearer trend.
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed sold 17¢ higher on 301¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter averaged 299¢/kg lwt, up 13¢
- Heavy weight D3 cows to slaughter gained 7¢, averaging 228¢/kg lwt
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) closed at 589.75¢, up 0.50¢/kg cwt
- Trade steers were up14¢ on 307¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers were unchanged on 282¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers were unchanged on 288¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows increased 1¢ to average 223¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers gained 2¢ to 319¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?