Friday daily cattle summary
12 February 2016
Throughput at Dubbo declined 18%, to 3,075 head, and quality was good especially on the grown steers. There was a large run of high quality heavy steers and a few good lines of young cattle also in good condition. Cattle to the trade generally 3¢ to 5¢ cheaper, while export cattle sold dearer, due to strong demand for quality lines.
- Heavy C3 yearling steers to feeder buyers improved 5¢, selling from 290¢ to 335¢, to average 320¢/kg
- Heavy (400kg+) C2 yearling feeder heifers improved 5¢, averaging 308¢/kg
- Heavy C4 grown steers to process gained 9¢, averaging 290¢ and selling to a top of 299¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows lifted 8¢, averaging 230¢/kg
Consignments at Bairnsdale lifted by 11% totalling 911head with the majority of the yarding comprising of export lines, while there were limited young cattle available for the trade.
- Heavy C2 yearling steers to feed jumped 7¢, selling from 266¢ to 284¢, to average 275¢/kg
- Heavy weight D3 heifers to slaughter eased 8¢, averaging 282¢/kg
- Heavy D3 and 4 score cows increased from 4¢ to 6¢ averaging 232¢ and 235¢/kg respectively.
Roma Prime yarded 706 head after a rain affect sale a week earlier number still remained low. The usual processors from NSW and local areas were operating, however not all were active within the market.
- Heavy C4 grown steers to process sold from 277¢ to 283¢, to average 282¢/kg
- Medium D3 cows topped at 235¢ to average 224¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows ranged from 233¢ to 250¢ averaging 238¢/kg
- Heavy (600kg+) C3 bulls topped at 260¢ to average 246¢/kg
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) closed at 594.75¢, unchanged on where it finished the previous day
- Trade steers eased 1¢, to 308¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers slipped 6¢, to 277¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers improvised slightly by 1¢, averaging 286¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows improved 1¢ to average 223¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers were steady averaging 320¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?