Friday daily cattle summary
29 January 2016
A small number of cattle were yarded at the combined Roma store and prime sale, totalling 1,482 head. Rainfall across the region kept some restockers from attending and feedlot buyers were not all operating.
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed averaged 324¢/kg
- Light weight D2 yearling heifers to restock and feed sold from 272¢ to 334¢/kg
- Medium weight D3 cows to slaughter settled on 219¢/kg
Rainfall around the district saw numbers contract to 2,100 head at Dubbo. There was a fair percentages of plainer cattle yarded from the far west.
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed were 9¢ dearer on 325¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 yearling heifers to slaughter gained 20¢ to 310¢/kg
- Medium weight C3 grown steers to feed lifted 7¢ to average 320¢/kg
- Medium weight C3 grown heifers to slaughter eased 1¢ to 273¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter were firm on 224¢/kg
There were only 480 head yarded at Bairnsdale and the market was dearer with all buyers operating on the tighter supply.
- Heavy weight vealer steers and heifers to slaughter sold from 289¢ to 310¢/kg
- Heavy weight yearling steers to slaughter sold from 282¢ to 307¢/kg
- Heavy weight D3 yearling heifers to slaughter averaged 274¢/kg
- Heavy weight D3 grown steers to slaughter averaged 284¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter settled on 221¢/kg
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) closed at 585.50¢, up 2¢/kg cwt
- Trade steers eased 3¢ to average 312¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers were unchanged on 281¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 281¢, up 3¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows lifted 2¢ to average 217¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers eased 1¢ to 312¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?