Friday daily sheep summary
05 February 2016
Wagga lamb consignments jumped 57% week-on-week to 36,000 head. It was a large yarding with a good supply of exceptional quality grain fed lambs. Medium and heavy weight lambs runs were limited although quality was very good and most sold to strong demand. Light weight lambs for restockers were in short supply.
- Trade weight 3 score lambs to slaughter were 547¢/kg cwt, back 16¢
- Heavy weight 3 score lambs to slaughter dipped 8¢ to 569¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score lambs to slaughter fell 23¢ to 553¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes gained 1¢ on 314¢/kg cwt
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator increased 3¢ on 558¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs gained 7¢ on 507¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were up 3¢ on 527¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs dipped 1¢ on 552¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were 3¢ back on 557¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator increased 1¢ on 312¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?