Tuesday daily cattle summary
02 February 2016
Numbers increased 31% week-on-week at Toowoomba Elders, totalling 1,036 head. There was a good mix of young cattle along with fair to good quality grown steers and cows. The usual panel of export processors, feeders and restocker buyers were operating in a firm to dearer market.
- Light weight C2 yearling steers to restockers were 3¢ dearer on 344¢/kg lwt
- Medium weight C2 yearling steers to feed dipped 3¢ to 356¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 314¢/kg lwt, up 13¢
- Light weight C2 yearling heifers dropped 15¢ to average 305/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter averaged 244/kg lwt, up 7¢
TLRX Tamworth cattle numbers rose to 1,486 head of fair to good quality lots. All categories were well represented, with young cattle and cows in good supply. A full field of buyers were present and operating in a generally dearer market.
- Medium weight C2 vealer steers to restockers dipped 7¢ to average 344¢ kg lwt
- Medium weight C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 324¢/kg lwt, back 3¢
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed gained 5¢ to average 320¢/kg lwt
- Medium weight D3 cows to slaughter were up 11¢ averaging 222¢/kg lwt
Cattle numbers and quality increased at Wagga sales with yardings up 28% week-on-week to 4,100 head. Rain in the north of the country saw northern buyers influence market trends. Yearling cattle were well supplied along with good numbers of fair quality trade and heavy export cattle.
- Medium weight C2 yearling steers to feed rose 6¢ to 310¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 310¢/kg lwt, up 10¢
- Medium weight C2 yearling heifers to feed increased 10¢ to average 295¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter averaged 230¢/kg lwt, jumping 14¢
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) closed at 587.50¢, up 2¢/kg cwt
- Trade steers were unchanged on 312¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers were unchanged on 281¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 283¢, up 1¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows lifted 3¢ to average 219¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers eased 1¢ to 312¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?