Tuesday daily sheep summary
12 April 2016
Lamb throughput at Dubbo increased 4% this week, at 28,395 head. The continuing dry conditions saw an increase in well-conditioned heavy weight lambs in the market, with a reasonable selection of trade weight categories.
Mutton numbers decreased 11%, to 12,425 head. Most grades were well represented, in what was a mixed yarding overall.
- Light weight 2 score old restocker Merino lambs eased 19¢, to 321¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to processors were back 13¢, to 502¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score old lambs to processors dropped 8¢, to 508¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy weight 4 score old lambs jumped 18¢, averaging 521¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes were 23¢ lower, at 290¢/kg cwt
Consignments at Bendigo increased 15%, to 14,180 head. Heavier lines to export buyers were limited in supply, with quality and condition across domestic drafts holding firm week-on-week. Competition eased across most categories, with buyers more subdued in what was a mixed market overall.
Mutton throughput increased 22%, to 5,950 head. A firm to dearer trend underlined the sale, with one export buyer re-joining the market.
- Trade weight 3 score first-cross old lambs jumped 5¢, to 502¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score old lambs to processors eased 11¢, on 489¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy weight 3 score old lambs were 2¢ lower, on 495¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes were up 11¢, averaging 335¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator finished at 541¢, up 3¢/kg cwt on where it finished yesterday.
- Merino lambs held firm, at 467¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs held firm, at 504¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were back 1¢, at 517¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were back 4¢, to 505¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator was back 1¢, to 319¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?