Wednesday daily cattle summary
04 May 2016
Throughput at Roma Store decreased 15% this week, to 4,692 head. Quality across the yarding improved, with all the usual restocker and feedlot buyers in operation. Scattered rainfall across the region sparked buyer enthusiasm, with one live export buyer operating during the sale.
- Light C2 yearling steers to restockers were 25¢ dearer, averaging 336¢, while medium C3 lines to feed jumped 8¢, at 293¢/kg
- Light D2 yearling heifers to restockers averaged 289¢, up 12¢, while medium D3 feeder heifers averaged 279¢, up 6¢/kg
- Medium D3 cows to processors averaged 210¢, up 6¢/kg
Consignments at CTLX decreased 30%, to 2,400 head. Following the much needed rainfall recorded during the week, yarding quality remained fair. Cows were well supplied, with a good offering of young cattle to suit feeder and restocker orders.
- Light C2 vealer steers to restockers averaged 324¢, up 24¢/kg
- Medium C2 vealer heifers to feed jumped 6¢, averaging 302¢/kg
- Heavy C2 yearling feeder steers were 23¢ dearer, averaging 319¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows to processors averaged 212¢, up 8¢/kg
NVLX Wodonga numbers decreased 7%, to 1,400 head. Quality was mixed this week, with a large percentage to the trade presenting in plainer condition. Most buyers were in attendance, with not all feedlot buyers fully operational.
- Heavy B2 vealer steers to processors eased 2¢, averaging 320¢/kg
- Heavy C3 yearling steers to slaughter averaged 308¢, up 3¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers to the same orders jumped 7¢, averaging 295¢/kg
At the close of Tuesday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) averaged 562¢, up 10.25¢/kg cwt on where it finished the previous day
- Trade steers were up 3¢, on 309¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers were up 2¢, on 274¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers were up 1¢, on 285¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows were up 2¢, on 198¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers were up 2¢, at 304¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?