Friday daily cattle summary
09 October 2015
Dubbo numbers lifted 4% week-on-week, to 7,600 head. The good quality yarding saw yearlings well-supplied and a large run of grown steers penned. The buying group was smaller with many not operating fully, in a generally cheaper market.
- Light C2 yearling steers to feed declined 17¢, to average 302¢/kg
- Medium C2 yearling steers to feed dropped 23¢, averaging 307¢/kg
- Heavy C3 yearling steers to feed fell 33¢, averaging 299¢/kg
- Medium C2 yearling heifers to feed dropped 33¢, averaging 279¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers dipped 25¢, to average 290¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows declined 27¢ averaging 231¢/kg
Consignments at Roma Prime dropped 14% week-on-week with 1,030 head yarded. There were good quality prime cattle on offer, with grown steers and bullocks well-supplied. A full panel of processors were in attendance and were operating in the cheaper market.
- Heavy C4 grown steers to slaughter declined 26¢, averaging 288¢/kg
- Light D4 grown heifers to slaughter decreased 24¢, to average 264¢/kg
- Medium D3 cows declined 11¢, averaging 230¢/kg
Bairnsdale saw a 17% rise in yardings, to 580 head. Quality was plain to average, with a limited supply of finished stock. The regular buying group was in attendance but not all were active.
- Heavy D3 yearling heifers to slaughter declined 34¢, averaging 261¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers were down 31¢, to average 286¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows decreased 24¢, to average 237¢/kg
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) declined 7.75¢ to 566¢/kg cwt
- Trade steers fell 1¢ on 304¢ kg lwt
- Medium steers were back 6¢ on 286¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers were 5¢ lower on 296¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows decreased 6¢ on 232¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers were back 5¢ on 313¢kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?