Friday daily cattle summary
27 November 2015
Dubbo cattle numbers increased 7% week-on-week to 4,570 head. Good quality lots of medium and heavy weight grown steers and bullocks were on offer. Yearlings were well supplied and feeder buyers were active across most categories.
- Medium weight C2 yearling steers to feed gained 3¢, averaging 334¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed increased 4¢ to 325¢/kg lwt
- Medium weight C2 yearling heifers to feed dropped to 306¢/kg lwt, back 5¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter gained 8¢, to 288¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D4 cows fell 2¢ to 242¢/kg lwt
Yardings at Bairnsdale jumped 35% week-on-week to 824 head, with a large proportion of the yarding made up of export cattle. Quality ranged from fair to good across all categories. A full field of buyers were operating in a cheaper market although young cattle to feed were in high demand.
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed eased 2¢ averaging 295¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D3 yearling heifers to slaughter were up 7¢ to 276¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D3 grown steers to slaughter dropped 12¢ averaging 277¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D3 cows averaged 230¢/kg lwt, falling 8¢
Consignments at Roma Prime dropped 51% week-on-week to 408 head. All categories were represented, although bullocks were in short supply.
- Heavy weight D3 yearling heifers decreased 11¢ to 276¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C4 grown steers to slaughter were up 5¢ averaging 304¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter averaged 259¢/kg lwt, up 2¢
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) closed at 589.50¢, back 0.25¢/kg cwt on the previous day
- Trade steers averaged 303¢/kg lwt, steady
- Medium steers averaged 289¢, gaining 2¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 296¢, up 2¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows averaged 237¢/kg lwt, steady
- Feeder steers averaged 327¢, increasing 1¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?