Friday daily cattle summary
23 October 2015
Numbers eased at Roma prime, with just 413 head supplied and all buyers were operating.
- Bullocks to slaughter, C4, were 5¢ dearer to average 277¢/kg
- Medium weight D3 cows to slaughter gained 29¢ to average 213¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter lifted 14¢ to settle on 238¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 bulls to slaughter made to 258¢, to average 245¢/kg
Quality lifted on the reduced number of cattle yarded at Dubbo (3,825 head), however there was a fair percentage of unfinished cattle throughout the yarding.
- Light weight C2 vealer heifers to restockers were 52¢ dearer on 381¢/kg
- Medium weight C2 yearling steers to feed gained 23¢ to average 299¢/kg
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed were 26¢ higher on 301¢, while C3 lines lifted 26¢ to average 299¢/kg
- Yearling steers, 400kg+, to feed increased 18¢ to average 297¢, while C3 yearling heifers of the same weight to slaughter gained 24¢ to 273¢/kg
- Medium weight C3 grown steers to feed lifted 19¢ to 282¢, while heavy weight C4 lines to slaughter were 20¢ dearer on 287¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter increased 37¢ to average 233¢/kg
Numbers lifted slightly at Bairnsdale, to 555 head. Quality was good, and demand was strong from all the usual buyers.
- Heavy weight D3 yearling heifers to slaughter lifted 3¢ to 273¢/kg
- Bullocks to slaughter, D3, gained 31¢ to average 294¢/kg
- Heavy weight D3 manufacturing steers to slaughter were dearer to settle on 281¢/kg
- Heavy weight D3 and D4 cows to slaughter were 31¢ to 36¢ higher to range from 224¢ to 255¢/kg
At the close of Thursday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled at 525.50¢/kg cwt, up 4.50¢/kg cwt
- Trade steers averaged 288¢, up 1¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers averaged 267¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 281¢, up 7¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows averaged 206¢, lifting 10¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers averaged 292¢, up 2¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?