NLRS now reporting Charters Towers (Dalrymple) cattle sale, Queensland
24 September 2015
Commencing this week, MLA’s National Livestock Reporting Service (NLRS) will report Charters Towers (Dalrymple) cattle sale in Queensland.
Cattle throughput lifted this week, to 1,726 head. Quality was plainer overall, with well-finished lines in short supply. Live export demand was strong, while a major processor did not operate on slaughter cattle.
- Vealer steers were keenly sought after for live export, topping at 275¢/kg
- Very limited numbers of yearling steers averaged 260¢/kg
- The short supply of yearling heifers for slaughter sold to 282¢/kg
- A small number of 4 score bullocks topped at 289¢/kg
- Medium weight 3 score cows sold to 260¢/kg
- Bulls sold to 260¢, with many lines selling around 220¢/kg, with strong bidding throughout the offering
- A good line of cows and calves sold to $1,030/unit
To subscribe to this weekly report, email NLRS at email@example.com or phone (02) 9463 9372.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?