NLRS re-commences reporting AuctionsPlus
01 September 2015
As of this week, MLA’s National Livestock Reporting Service has re-commenced reporting national AuctionsPlus cattle and sheep sales. AuctionsPlus sold approximately 280,000 cattle and 2 million sheep in the 2014-15 financial year, making it a significant player within the auction system.
Cattle consignments decreased 6% last week, with 6,053 head offered.
- Light vealer steers averaged 416¢ and topped at 489¢/kg lwt
- Light vealer heifers to restockers sold to a high of 475¢ and averaged 417¢/kg
- Light 2 score yearling steers to restockers settled on 349¢, after reaching 361¢/kg lwt. There was also a good number of feeder weight steers available, with heavy 2 score Angus steers at Coonamble selling at 337¢/kg lwt
- Light 1 score yearling heifers to restock averaged 268¢, while medium weight 2 scores, predominately out of Queensland, settled on 301¢/kg. A line of heavy Angus heifers, weighing in at 360kg, sold at a top of 324¢/kg lwt.
- Light 2 score grown steers to restockers sold to 340¢, while medium weight lines made to 301¢/kg lwt
- Medium weight 2 score grown heifers to restockers averaged 397¢, after reaching 597c/kg lwt
- Light 1 score cows to restockers settled on 385¢, while medium weight 2 score lines averaged 251¢/kg lwt
- Cow and calf units exceeded $2,000/unit, with a small line of Angus first calvers selling for $2,050.
- Registered Fullblood Wagyu heifers out of southern NSW made $2,751 and in Emerald 12-40 month old unjoined F4 heifers made $1,820/head.
Click here to view the full AuctionsPlus cattle report, which will be published on the MLA website each Tuesday. Sheep reports will be available on Thursdays.
Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the reports emailed to you each week via the NLRS subscription service.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?