Thursday daily sheep summary
08 October 2015
CTLX lamb throughput decreased 11% week-on-week to 6,250 head. Quality was good for the heavy new season lamb and better trade weights, however the lighter lambs tended to be mixed. Pens consisted mainly of heavy and trade weight lambs, along with increased numbers of store lambs suitable for restockers. All buyers were present and competing in a generally firmer market.
Sheep numbers lifted 49% to 4,200 head, with most lines generally cheaper.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs increased 31¢, averaging 512¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs jumped 46¢, to average 501¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 4 score lambs increased 21¢, averaging 492¢kg cwt
- Old season heavy 4 score lambs slipped 21¢, to average 451¢/kg cwt
- Medium 3 score crossbred ewes slipped 85¢, averaging 214¢/kg cwt
Lamb throughput numbers at Horsham decreased 3% to 13,560 head. Quality was average, with limited numbers of trade weight and heavy weight lambs on offer. The usual buying group was present but not all were operating in a cheaper market.
Sheep numbers decreased 38%, to 4,332 head, with most sheep lines selling to an easier trend.
- New season light 2 score restocker lambs eased 6¢, to average 612¢/kg cwt
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to feed averaged 502¢/kg
- New season light weight 3 score lambs to slaughter sold 64¢ cheaper to average 471¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs declined 62¢, to average 471¢/kg cwt
- Medium 3 score Merino ewes decreased 47¢, averaging 290¢/kg cwt
At the close of Wednesday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator slipped 8¢ on 527¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs were back 9¢ on 436¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs declined 15¢ on 462¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs fell 7¢ on 493¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were down 2¢ on 482¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator was 11¢ lower on 297¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?