Thursday daily sheep summary
12 November 2015
CTLX lamb throughput increased 50% to yard 10,200 head. It was a mixed yarding, with a good selection of trade and heavy lambs, however there weren’t the extra heavy lambs of the previous week’s sale. There was a good supply of lighter lambs suitable for feeder and restocker markets. The usual buying group was present and operating in a generally stronger market.
Mutton numbers also increased significantly yarding 2,900 head, representing a 26% increase week-on-week. Quality was good with most mutton lines selling to a dearer trend.
- Light weight 2 score young lambs to restockers slipped 64¢ to 462¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score young lambs were up 5¢, to 560¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs slipped 5¢, on 550¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old season lambs jumped 38¢, to 551¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes improved 3¢, on 347¢/kg cwt
Lamb throughput at Hamilton more than doubled to yard 45,714 head, and quality was excellent considering the season. There was a very good selection of heavy, medium and lighter trade weights on offer. A full field of processors attended along with an increase in store buyers.
- Light weight 2 score young lambs to restockers slipped 5¢, on 516¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 2 score young lambs eased 34¢, to average 482¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs decreased 24¢, averaging 483¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs slipped 1¢, to average 489¢/kg cwt
At the conclusion of Wednesday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator gained 2¢, on 534¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs averaged 463¢, up 7¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs averaged 491¢, back 5¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs averaged 505¢, back 5¢/kg cwt
- The heavy lamb indicator averaged 502¢, back 4¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator finished on 332¢/kg, back 2¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?