Thursday daily sheep summary
03 September 2015
Lamb supply was marginally lower at CTLX, with 3,100 head penned, while sheep supply lifted to 3,900 head. The young lambs yarded were of good quality, however quality was only fair for older lambs.
- Trade weight 3 score young lambs to slaughter were 62¢ lower on 561¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score young lambs to slaughter averaged 587¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 3 score old Merino lambs settled on 455¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter weer 29¢ cheaper on 554¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score old lambs to slaughter gained 3¢ to 570¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino ewes averaged 258¢, while medium weight 3 score lines were 10¢ lower on 352¢/kg cwt.
- Light weight 2 score restocker Merino wethers decreased 20¢ to 391¢/kg cwt
Lamb supply at Hamilton eased to 1,741 head, while sheep supply lifted to 2,103 head.
- Light weight 2 score restocker Merino lambs averaged 401¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score lambs to slaughter were 18¢ higher on 575¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 2 score lambs to slaughter were 17¢ dearer on 586¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino ewes decreased 38¢ to 361¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score first cross ewes were 10¢ cheaper on 369¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score first cross ewes ease 36¢ to 346¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino wethers were 23¢ lower on 382¢, while 3 score lines were 4¢ dearer on 405¢/kg cwt.
At the conclusion of Wednesday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator was 33¢ higher on 610¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs were 5¢ lower on 546¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs gained 2¢ to 554¢/kg cwt
- The Eastern States Trade Lamb Indicator (ESTLI) was unchanged on 602¢/kg cwt
- The heavy lamb indicator was firm on 599¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator eased 4¢ to 383¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA’s National Livestock Reporting Service (NLRS) reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?