Thursday daily sheep summary
24 November 2016
Lamb throughput at CTLX Carcoar increased 46% this week, to 8,890 head. Quality was good across the yarding, with both trade and heavy weight lines well supplied, along with a notable selection to suit the store buyers in attendance. Lighter weights to processors sold marginally dearer, while heavy weights trended slightly cheaper overall.
Mutton consignments increased 24%, to 2,175 head. Most grades were on offer this week in a mixed yarding of sheep, with Merino ewes trending cheaper.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers were up 18¢, to 609¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs to slaughter eased 25¢, to 527¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 4 score lambs to processors gained 3¢, to 544¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino wethers averaged 25¢ higher, at 411¢/kg cwt
At Hamilton, lamb numbers increased 56% to 48,623 head. A continued lift in new season supplies saw an average to very good amount of quality throughout most sections. Yardings continued to reflect the excellent spring conditions this week, with more weight and condition on offer and less lighter weights penned. A lift in buyer attendance was also recorded, with most categories trending cheaper.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers slipped 13¢, to 542¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs to slaughter eased 10¢, to 509¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 4 score lambs to processors were back 15¢, to 509¢/kg cwt
- New season extra heavy weight 4 score lambs averaged 14¢ lower, at 502¢/kg cwt
At the close of Wednesday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator averaged 6¢ lower, at 606¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs remained unchanged on 496¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were up 6¢, to 568¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were back 3¢, on 534¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs dropped 5¢, to 524¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator finished 3¢ dearer, on 398¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?