Thursday daily sheep summary
18 August 2016
Lamb consignments at CTLX were down 20% to 5,700 head, and quality declined, with a large number lacking finish. The majority were light and trade weight lambs, with limited heavy weights and young lambs on offer.
Sheep throughput lifted 23% to 2,150 head, and quality was mixed.
- Light weight 2 score young lambs lifted 1¢ on 528¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score old lambs slipped 38¢ on 505¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs were 46¢ lower on 547¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score old lambs lost 24¢ on 571¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy 4 score old lambs dropped 131¢ and averaged 569¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino ewes fell 54¢ on 309¢/kg cwt
Lamb yardings at Horsham increased 66% to 3,693 head, with almost half the offering consisting of young lambs and quality was good.
- Trade weight 3 score young lambs eased 12¢ on 638¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs slipped 55¢ on 632¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score restocker Merino old lambs averaged 486¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score Merino old lambs averaged 485¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score old lambs fell 60¢ on 561¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes were 14¢ lower on 405¢/kg cwt
At the close of Wednesday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator lifted 8¢ on 613¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs eased 3¢ on 527¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs declined 5¢ on 549¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were 5¢ lower on 604¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs slipped 3¢ on 613¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator was unchanged on 387¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?