Tuesday daily cattle summary
24 November 2015
Throughput at TRLX Tamworth declined 3%, to 2,267 head. Fair to good quality yearlings, grown heifers and cows were well supplied and a limited number of vealers and heavy grown steers were on offer. A full field of buyers were present and operating in a stable market.
- Medium C2 yearling steers to feed held steady, averaging 326¢/kg
- Light C2 yearling heifers to feed averaged 306¢, back 1¢/kg
- Medium C2 yearling heifers to feed slipped 2¢, to average 313¢/kg
- Medium C2 grown steers to feed fell 14¢, to 306¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows eased 5¢, on 247¢/kg
Consignments at Toowoomba Elders increased 25% week-on-week, to 714 head. The usual buying group were in attendance and operating across all categories, with most selling to a dearer trend.
- Heavy C3 yearling steers to slaughter increased 3¢, averaging 321¢/kg
- Light C2 yearling feeder heifers slipped 1¢, averaging 307¢ and selling to 320¢/kg
- Medium C3 grown steers to feed remained steady, averaging 310¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows increased 11¢, averaging 269¢/kg
Wagga yardings dropped 9% week-on-week, to 4,400 head. Quality was mixed and most young cattle consignments sold to feeders. The usual buyers were present and operating although there was a reduction in export competition from processors in the cow market.
- Medium C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 319¢, back 5¢/kg
- Heavy C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 313¢, down 4¢/kg
- Medium C2 yearling heifer to feed fell 15¢, averaging 287¢/kg
- Heavy C2 yearling heifers to slaughter slipped 3¢, averaging 285¢/kg
- Light C4 grown heifers to slaughter eased 4¢, averaging 275¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows declined 1¢, to average 245¢/kg
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled at 592.50¢, back 3.00¢/kg cwt on where it finished the previous day
- Trade steers averaged 306¢, back 3¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers averaged 292¢/kg lwt, steady
- Heavy steers averaged 292¢/kg lwt steady
- Medium cows averaged 237¢ up 1¢/kg lwt,
- Feeder steers averaged 324¢, back 1¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?