Tuesday daily cattle summary
17 November 2015
Throughput at Toowoomba Elders increased 31%, to 538 head of mostly young cattle. A large line up of restockers joined the usual panel of export processor and feeder buyers in what was a dearer market.
- Medium C3 yearling feeder steers jumped 16¢, averaging 336¢/kg
- Medium C3 yearling heifers to the trade sold for 320¢/kg lwt or an estimated 593¢/kg cwt
- Grown steers were limited but heavy C4 lines averaged 301¢, back 6¢/kg
- Medium D4 cows improved 1¢, averaging 252¢/kg
Recent rain didn’t deter vendors at TRLX Tamworth and numbers lifted 39%, to 2,325 head. Overall quality was good, with a large supply of well-bred yearlings presented in forward condition. There was a full field of feeder and restocker buyers but there was one less buyer in the cow market.
- Heavy C3 yearling steers to feeder buyers improved 2¢, averaging 328¢ and selling to a top of 338¢/kg
- Medium C3 yearling heifers eased 2¢, averaging 316¢/kg
- Medium C2 grown steers to feeder orders jumped 9¢, averaging 323¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows averaged 251¢, up 1¢/kg week-on-week
Consignments at Wagga lifted 17%, to 4,800 head. Overall quality was only fair, with a fair percentage of the yarding lacking finish. All the usual buyers were present but not all were operating. Young cattle sold to a mixed trend while grown cattle were mostly easier.
- Heavy C2 yearling steers to feeder orders eased 3¢, averaging 317¢/kg
- The equivalent heifer lines improved 6¢, to average 301¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers to feeder orders declined 13¢, averaging 294¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows slipped 17¢, averaging 246¢/kg
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled at 593.00¢, up 1.25¢/kg cwt on where it finished last week
- Trade steers averaged 310¢/kg lwt, steady
- Medium steers averaged 288¢, back 1¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 299¢/kg lwt, steady
- Medium cows averaged 242¢, back 2¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers averaged 322¢, back 1¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?