Tuesday daily cattle summary
27 October 2015
Throughput at Toowoomba Elders declined 35%, to 622 head, with young cattle in the largest numbers. Most of the usual buyers were operating in a generally dearer market, supported by increased restocker activity.
- Medium C3 yearling trade steers improved 1¢, averaging 303¢/kg
- Light (200-280kg) C2 yearling feed heifers jumped 20¢, averaging 270¢/kg
- Heavy C4 grown steers increased 13¢, averaging 289¢/kg
- Medium D3 cows averaged 226¢, up 4¢/kg week-on-week
Consignments at TRLX Tamworth were back 15% week-on-week, at 1,146 head, but yearlings were well supplied. Quality was fair to very good and increased competition from the full field of buyers lifted prices.
- Heavy C2 yearling feeder steers lifted 11¢, averaging 300¢/kg
- Medium C3 yearling heifers to the trade jumped 21¢, averaging 288¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers eased 1¢, averaging 283¢/kg
- Medium D2 cows jumped 27¢, averaging 196¢/kg
Wagga yarded 2,665 head, back 19% week-on-week, and quality was mixed. Additional northern export processor and feeder competition joined the usual panel of buyers and prices mostly improved.
- Medium and heavy C2 yearling feeder steers improved 12¢ and 16¢, respectively, averaging 307¢ and 306¢/kg
- Heavy C3 yearling heifers to the trade gained 13¢, averaging 276¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers lifted 27¢, averaging 300¢ and selling to 324¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows improved 16¢, averaging 234¢/kg
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled at 531.50¢, up 6.00¢/kg cwt on where it finished last week
- Trade steers averaged 294¢, up 6¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers averaged 267¢/kg lwt, steady
- Heavy steers averaged 282¢, up 1¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows averaged 211¢, up 5¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers averaged 296¢, up 4¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?