Tuesday daily cattle summary
11 October 2016
The two week break in the selling program lifted numbers at Toowoomba to 1,249 head, up 438 head week-on-week. Prices remained strong across all grades and the usual panel of buyers were present and operating.
- Light weight C2 yearling steers to restockers eased 4¢ to average 412¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed gained 19¢ to average 362¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 yearling heifers to slaughter lifted 1¢ to average 347¢/kg
- Heavy weight C4 grown steers to slaughter decreased 13¢ to settle on 328¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter increased 2¢ to settle on 368¢/kg
Consignments at Tamworth lifted to 1,775 head. Quality was good as the weather improves and feed supplies boost.
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed slipped 4¢ to average 389¢/kg
- Medium weight C2 yearling heifers to feed gained 3¢ to average 373¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter slipped 3¢ to settle on 333¢/kg
- Heavy weight C4 cows to slaughter were 13¢ cheaper on 275¢/kg
Numbers at Wagga lifted significantly, to 3,900 head. Feedlot buyers were active on secondary quality yearlings, while restockers helped push prices higher.
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed slipped 5¢ to average 372¢/kg
- Heavy weight C2 yearling heifers to feed gained 1¢ to average 362¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter decreased 16¢ to settle on 347¢/kg
- Heavy weight D3 cows to slaughter slipped 8¢ to average 269¢/kg
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled on 717¢, down 6.25¢/kg cwt from where it was the previous day
- Trade steers were back 2¢, on 381¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers eased 3¢ on 336¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers were firm on 329¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows held steadyon 255¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers finished 4¢ lower, on 376¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?